Information Literacy Teacher/Library Media Specialist
BRIEF DESCRIPTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
Yorkville CUSD 115 has an opening for a 1.0 FTE Information Literacy position. This position will be 0.5 FTE at Yorkville Grade School and 0.5 FTE at Bristol Grade School.
This position requires a friendly and enthusiastic individual with experience teaching technology and information literacy standards.
The goals of the position are to:
- Ensure that students and staff are effective, ethical uses and creators of information and ideas
- Provide intellectual and physical access to materials in multiple formats
- Collaborate with other teachers in providing instruction that fosters competence
- Promote enjoyment of, and appreciation for, reading.
General responsibilities include:
- Developing lessons and instruction that are aligned to local, state, and national standards.
- Developing short- and long-range goals that guide the development of the library media program in alignment with school and district goals.
- Assisting students and teachers in locating and using information resources.
- Utilizing current research, reading strategies, and instructional methods.
- Collaborating with other teachers to utilize print and electronic resources and to integrate technology.
- Facilitating the use of emerging technologies
- Developing a variety of formal and informal assessments to monitor student growth.
- Maintaining attractive and inviting physical and online spaces that promote participatory learning experiences.
- Evaluating and selecting material and technology that support the district curriculum.
- Implementing a collection development policy with special emphasis on selection and procedures for weeding.
- Overseeing a library media program budget that reflects the priorities of the entire school community.
- Evaluating library programs, services, facilities, and resources to ensure optimum use.
- Acting as a catalyst to integrate information literacy standards into the school curriculum.
- Assist students in the development of research skills through supporting students in generating questions on a given topic or problem.
- Assist students in creating a research question, following the research process, and compiling, evaluate, and presenting a product that communicates the results of the research to an intended audience.
- Instruct students to apply digital tools to collaborate and communicate.
- Instruct students to locate, extract and cite relevant information to answer a research question.
- Instruct students to evaluate the ethical use of digital property and digital safety.
- Utilize the math, ELA, and science curriculum as a basis for building the skills noted above.
Position includes access to benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
Current Illinois Professional Educator License with an Elementary and Library Media Specialist or Library Information endorsements. Technology endorsement a plus.