Full-Time Nutrition Services Associate, Float
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose -- “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning
centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
The successful candidate will be an individual who is committed to our district's values by......
- Providing exceptional customer service to our students, staff and guests who dine in our cafeterias
- Following food safety and sanitation regulations to ensure the safety for our guests
- Working well with others on a team
- Providing effective leadership
- Having a positive attitude
- Being a dependable team member
- Being an ongoing learner
TITLE: Full Time Floater; This is routine work performed under the direct supervision of the high school manager, or other designated individual. A person in this position will be required to work as a floater at an elementary, middle and high school. Performance is evaluated on an ongoing basis.
LOCATIONS: Centerview Elementary, Northpoint Elementary, Woodcrest Spanish Immersion Elementary, Park Terrace Elementary, Westwod School, Spring Lake Park High School
PAY RATE: Up to $19.45/hour based on qualifications + Food Manager’s License (current) additional $1.00/hour
DAYS: 181 days = 168 Student contact days, 3 Training days,10 paid holidays - according to the school year calendar
START DATE: ASAP
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, set up and serve high quality nutritious meals to students and adults at all schools.
- Perform daily production tasks as needed to include but not limited to; cook, steam, bake all other techniques
- Ability to provide direction and training to food service staff in assigned building
- Monitor revenues and maintain required system accountability through daily record keeping and reports
- Implementation of new products and/or procedures to encourage and increase participation
- Develop and maintain cooperative, productive workplace relationships in a manner which creates a pleasant environment for all those serving and those being served
- Ensure proper sanitation and safety standards and regulations are in place and followed (HACCP)
- Ability to communicate and resolve conflict in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to continuously move/lift up to 50 lbs, such as milk crates, frozen food boxes, canned foods etc.
- Daily use of computer software program to manage student's meal accounts
- Attend professional learning development
- Perform all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- 3 years experience in congregate food service - preferred
- Current Food manager's certificate or achieve within 3 months of hire
- Working knowledge of food preparation methods, kitchen cleaning methods and serving and storage techniques
- Working knowledge of safety and accident prevention techniques pertains to food preparation and kitchen facilities
- Working knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations including HACCP process
- Ability to follow a standardized recipe
- Ability to follow Nutrition Services Employee Handbook
- Ability to remain calm under trying circumstances and work with frequent interruptions
- Ability to read and understand operating manuals for equipment used
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow through with staff to ensure direction is followed
- Knowledge and understanding of USDA Child Nutrition Program regulations
- Computer skills to include email, order entry, forms and spread sheets - prefer
- The successful candidate must complete and pass a background check and a pre-work physical
- Valid MN driver's license
Personal computer, calculator, large and small kitchen equipment to include but not limited to; combi oven, rotating oven,
steam kettle, sharp cutting tools, dishwasher, rolling racks and utility cart
WORKING CONDITIONS: MENTAL/PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Continual standing, walking, pushing/pulling, frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing on ladder, heavy lifting and carrying
- Moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at http://www.applitrak.com/district16/onlineapp/.
Select job ID #5215
Applicants who meet the qualifications will be considered for interviews
With inquiries, please contact Nutrition Services Manager, Amy Kimmel at email@example.com
Equity is a priority for Spring Lake Park Schools and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.