2022-2023 Early Childhood Education Teacher
Posted 23 days ago
Reports to: Building AdministratorFSLA Status: Exempt
Compensation: 001 (Step determined by education and experience.)
Work Days: 181
Early Childhood Education Teacher
Create a flexible program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; establishing effective rapport with pupils; motivating pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for education, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; and establishing good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Provides learning experiences in pre-reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, physical education, and music to pupils in a classroom, using the course of study adopted by the Oklahoma State Department of Education and the Board of Education and any other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials suitable for verbal or visual instruction of pupils with wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Utilizes grading patterns that are fairly administered and based on identified criteria.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve effective participation in all activities without interfering with the naturally informal atmosphere of a kindergarten. Treat pupils with respect and dignity.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through a variety of means. Holds parent conferences to discuss individual pupil’s progress and interprets the school program. Interacts with pupils, staff and parents in a positive and professional manner.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Establish rapport with pupils and provides a pleasant, safe, and orderly climate conducive to learning.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin board, and interest centers.
- Supervises and monitors students during out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day which may include but not limited to (cafeteria duty, field trips, playground duty, hallway monitor, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To ensure continuity of services, alternative work site may be necessary in the event of a health crisis or disruptive situation that requires the closing of school and/or office buildings. An employee’s eligibility for alternative work site will be determined by the superintendent of schools. Expectations and guidelines for alternative work site will be distributed by the employee’s supervisor, based on his/her role and responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Bachelor’s in education or a related field.
- Oklahoma Teaching Certification in Elementary Education in subjects listed below or subjects or Alternative Teaching Certification as approved by Oklahoma State Department of Education.
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the community.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others, demonstrate self-discipline and initiative, follow state and district guidelines.
- Must have adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and perform required duties on the computer.
- Must have adequate visual acuity to read, interpret and transcribe written material and other required duties.
- Requires normal range of hearing and clear speaking abilities to interact appropriately with others in person and on the telephone.
- Requires some stooping, bending, stretching and occasional lifting not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- May periodically require work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, under sometimes stressful conditions in order to meet business needs and strict deadlines.
- Office duties will be performed in a well-lighted, climate-controlled environment.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the supervisor or appropriate administrator. Oklahoma City Public Schools reserves the right to, update, revise or change job duties as the need prevails. This document is for communication only and not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment. The Board of Education and Superintendent may approve alternatives to the listed qualifications.