School Social Worker - 2022/2023 SY
The School Social Worker is responsible for the intellectual, social and affective development of students.
The School Social Worker is jointly responsible to their Coordinator, Director and Principal of the building(s) to which they are assigned. They are supervised and evaluated by their Coordinator in consultation with the Principal and Director of their assigned school(s).
EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares social development reports for SRBI and PPT use, which may include family background data, cultural information, parent impressions, diagnosis, and/or recommendations for future interventions.
- Keeps current with community and state agency services, makes referrals where appropriate, follows up on recommendations, and serves as a liaison between agencies, family and school when necessary.
- Makes home visits to gather information and or conduct family counseling sessions integral to the success of the child in the learning situation.
- Must possess or be eligible for Connecticut School Social Worker certification. (071)
- Ability to relate successfully with staff, families and students from diverse backgrounds, experiences and skill levels.
- Bilingual preferred
Apply Online, including all required attachments.