Substitute Teacher - Fannin County School System
Description: County Wide Substitute Teacher P-12
Job Summary: Complete the application, being sure to attach a digital copy of the following documents:
A - Resume with References
B - Transcripts from an accredited educational institution confirming completion of your highest level of education (Valid or expired Georgia Teacher's certificate)
C - You will be required to to complete a substitute teacher course/training through credible agency (Pioneer RESA or North Georgia RESA) will be reviewed
D - Applications with three (3) COMPLETED professional references AND the attachments listed above "Reference" portion of your application.
You will be contacted for a job interview with the personnel director after the application has been reviewed.
Applicants being considered for employment will then be instructed, of appointment time for interview, to complete the Criminal Background Check and finger print (potential sub will have to cover the cost of CBC and Finger Prints).
- Being a Substitute Teachers provide instruction to students and ensure continuity of appropriate learning during the absence of permanent teachers or paraprofessionals. Substitute Teachers perform related duties in lieu of the absent teacher, or in a class that does not have an assigned teacher. This position is on-call and is assigned based on operational needs.
- Performance Responsibilities:
• Adhere to teaching materials
• Responds to inquiries and provides feedback, emails and other appropriate channels
• Utilizes computer skills to encourage student engagement
• Ability to use a variety of differentiated and engaging strategies when delivering online instruction.
• Provides classroom instruction to students as outlined in lesson plans
• Creates a classroom that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
• Maintains a safe and orderly environment
• Maintains established routine of the school and classroom procedures in which assigned
• Maintains a professional appearance
• Remains at school the entire school day, unless otherwise instructed to leave by principal
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
• Maintains reasonable rules of conduct which encourage self-discipline and responsibility
• Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated
• Monitors students in the classroom, at lunch and throughout the school by maintaining order and discipline
• Perform duties, as assigned, with awareness of Fannin County School System Board Policies and Requirements : The minimum requirements to be considered for Substitute Teaching positions are as follows: -HS Diploma/GED -Pass a GBI Criminal Background Check -Valid or expired Georgia Teacher or Substitute Teacher Certificate
- Must relate well to students and inspire the love of learning -Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Ability to comprehend and follow directives