Special Education Teacher
Job | Posted a month ago
Position Title: Special Education Teacher/Interventionist
Posting Date: April 26, 2021
Closing Date: May 17, 2021
- Possess a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with special education certification or willingness to work toward certification requirements
- Proficient in the use of technology such as electronic databases, evaluation software, and assistive technologies
- Knowledgeable regarding literacy acquisition and reading/math intervention strategies for special populations
- Knowledgeable regarding the use of positive behavior supports and interventions
- Possess competency in the teaching of social-emotional and self-regulation skills to school aged populations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner with parents and professionals
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend Student Assistance Team meetings and collaborate with general education staff to implement intervention plans.
- Provide individual and small group interventions to students performing below academic expectancies, and complete ongoing progress monitoring assessments.
- Assist staff with completion of Functional Behavioral Assessments and development and implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Implement universal supports and facilitate peer LINKS program for students with ASD.
- Serve as a member of the Multi-disciplinary Evaluation Team (MET) providing supportive assessment data and recommendations to team members.
- Communicate/incorporate results of diagnostic testing, classroom observations and teaching strategies into the MET report and IEP documents.
- Prepare draft IEP and attend all IEPT meetings for students assigned to caseload with particular attention to progress monitoring of student data.
- Responsible for the implementation of approved curriculum and individual IEP for each student assigned, develop student performance objectives and maintain documentation such that instructional methods are consistent with the IEP.
- Implement standard assessment, progress monitoring and recordkeeping procedures for each student.
- Maintain all necessary recordkeeping procedures for the student’s IEP, lesson plans, attendance records, classroom equipment and supplies inventories, behavioral data, etc. and provide documentation as requested by supervisor(s).
- Maintain ongoing communication and positive working relationship with parent(s)/guardian(s), community agencies and ISD/LEA staff.
- Coordinate classroom staff meetings and actively participate in assigned School Improvement activities.
- Completion of required electronic reports including Illuminate and monthly Medicaid billing.