Mail Delivery / Warehouse Inventory
Delivers mail and supplies throughout the district. Maintains and assists in receiving, storing, issuing and delivering of equipment, tools, and supplies and inventory control by means of the district’s inventory software.
High school diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing
Ability to operate hand and power tools
Ability to operate computer system i.e. email and electronic work order
Ability to work independently
Ability to respond after hours when needed
Ability to work well and in a positive manner with staff, students, and public
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver mail and supplies to all district locations daily.
- Verify accuracy of shipments and record any discrepancies or damage.
- Load and unload delivery trucks as needed. Unpack items and inspect shipments for damage and defects.
- Fill requisitions from stock items. Verify accuracy of orders pulled.
- Pickup and deliver materials as needed.
- Sort and store items according to established inventory systems and procedures.
- Conduct physical inventory of warehoused equipment, tools, and supplies and verify against inventory control totals. Maintain inventory records.
- Requisition additional supplies from purchasing department as directed.
- Assist with mowing and detailing of district grounds.
- Move, install, assemble, and repair all school furniture and playground equipment as needed.
- Work after hours district events.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate equipment and use tools according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance as required.
- Adjust working hours and /or respond to after-hours events as needed.
- Attend all required training as directed.
- Maintain consistent punctuality and regular attendance.
- The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.