Hourly RALLY Recreation Assistant (Districtwide)
Hourly Position: Working less than 15 hours per week
Works in a before, after school and/or summer care program for kindergarten and elementary age students. Supervises students in a safe, structured, positive environment. Encourages learning and social skill development. Designs and leads a variety of recreational crafts and activities. This position goes from May 31, 2022-August 12, 2022.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
- High School diploma.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- CPR, first aid, and certification in a district approved behavior management technique may be required.
- Principles and practices of preschool and daycare.
- Early childhood development.
- Recreation activities and crafts.
- Provide a safe environment for students at the center.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
- Design and lead recreational crafts and activities.
Compensation: This is an hourly position, working under 15 hours per week, with a starting salary of $19.88 per hour. This is an hourly, non-benefited position
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints will be forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a criminal background check.