School Counselor - Grades 6-8
Sartell Middle School
Position starts 22-23 school year
Provide educational, vocational and personal counseling to students; to consult with staff regarding student issues; to support parents in helping their child experience school success.
1. Counsels students regarding academic, personal, social, and vocational issues. This includes monitoring the educational achievement of each student as well as advising and recommending alternative options for students who are not on track for graduation. This includes case management and supervisoion of 504 plans.
2. Participate in staff team meetings to include grade-level team meetings, student assistance team and parent meetings regarding school adjustment problems
3. Assist students in making post-high school educational plans though individual meetings, classroom guidance and large group activities
4. Coordinate and implement activities that facilitate transition between levels and grades by providing resources that are both individually and group focused that help students develop and apply interpersonal and group behavior skills.
5. Performs other duties of a comparable level/type, as required.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Evidence of knowledge of Comprehensive School Counseling Practices.
- Prior successful experience in an education setting.
Preferred Qualifications, Education and Experience:
* Experience working with student in grades 6-8
Required Licenses/Certifications (or ability to attain MN licensure prior to employment):
1. MN Department of Education K-12 Guidance Counselor licensure
Position reports to Laura Arndt, Middle School Principal
Application materials required for consideration:
1. Completed online application
2. Resume and cover letter, free of grammatical and spelling errors
3. Three (3) current letters of recommendation (within the last year)
4. Unofficial Transcripts
5. MN or Current Teaching License (as applicable)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please use the Sartell-St. Stephen School District online application process at https://www.applitrack.com/sartell/onlineapp/default.asp
PAY: Sartell-St. Stephen Schools District offers highly competitive wages per the SEA Certified Contract. You can find this agreement at: https://www.isd748.org/Page/121
Posting Closes: open until filled
Use the following link to learn more about the mission and values of Sartell Middle School and the Sartell-St. Stephen School District. Sartell-St. Stephen Schools Mission and Values
FLSA Status: Exempt
Final job offer is contingent upon a criminal background check and board approval.