Job | Posted a month ago
Lead Teacher/Department Head
|Position Type: Certified||Department: School|
|Salary Schedule: Certified||Reports to: Principal|
|Term of Employment: 9 months||Location: School|
To work in a partnership with students, staff, parents and the community in accordance with the district’s vision and mission to promote student achievement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JOB GOAL: To support the mission of the district goals, procedures, and policies in the best interest of the student by professionally carrying out assigned duties and participating in the improvement and refinement of related areas. To coordinate program resources to promote the development of each student.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- A valid Arizona Teacher Certificate (K-8).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Must have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration
- Some teaching experience preferred.
- Adheres to the District vision, mission, core values and goals in collaboration with staff.
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrates a high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the curriculum, subject content, and the developmental needs of students by providing relevant learning experiences.
- Plans using the state’s standards, the school’s curriculum, effective strategies, resources, and data to meet the needs of all students.
- Effectively engages students in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies in order to meet individual learning needs.
- Systematically gathers, analyzes, and uses all relevant data to measure student academic progress, guide instructional content and delivery methods, and provides timely feedback to both students and parents throughout the school year.
- Uses resources, routines, and procedures to provide a respectful, positive, safe, student-centered environment that is conducive to learning.
- Maintains a commitment to professional ethics, communicates effectively, and takes responsibility for and participates in professional growth that results in enhanced student learning.
- The work of the teacher results in acceptable, measurable, and appropriate student academic progress.
- Requires students to demonstrate 21st Century skills; critical thinking, communication, collaboration, creativity and technology in every classroom.
- Engages students through activities both inside and outside the classroom.
- Utilizes common core strategies in daily instruction.
- Embeds student data folders into daily routine to help students take ownership of their learning.
- Must meet any additional specific job requirements as indicated by the school.
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES/KNOWLEDGE/WORK STYLE:
- Ability and desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to effectively use technology as a tool for planning and implementing instructional strategies.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- Must be organized with the ability to multitask.
- Must be detailed-oriented and self-motivated.
- Must have excellent memory and ability to function well under stress.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and/or assistance.
- Must demonstrate an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, common sense, and good judgment.
- Must have ability to keep abreast of information pertinent to the job.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance and follow the SESD Dress Code.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers.
This job description is intended to be representative of the work performed by employees in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities as defined by the supervisor.