Job | Posted a month ago
State Education Agency
FACILITIES DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in and knowledgeable of the management aspects relating to custodial and maintenance procedures:
- Refrigeration Units
- Water well maintenance
- Grounds keeping
- Experiences in and knowledge of sound management procedures
- Ability to assign and evaluate staff
- Ability to develop and direct and effective custodial team
- Ability to provide leadership and possess personnel management qualities
- Skilled leadership development of plant management
- Personal qualifications include an energetic personality, good health, skilled in decision-making and ability to meet people well.
- Professional development should include a high school diploma and a strong background in maintenance training, especially in refrigeration units.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High School Diploma, GED, and/or Trade or Technical School certification preferred.
- Three to Five years experience of managerial, supervisory, or related experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related Field is preferred
- Experience in a public education setting is preferred.
SUPERVISES: Maintenance/custodial staff
JOB GOAL: To maintain the physical school plant in a condition of operation excellence and to provide all students with a physical learning environment that is safe, clean, attractive, pleasant, and smoothly functioning.
- Assumes responsibility for the comprehensive overall planning and scheduling of maintenance and repair requirements of the district (see attached list).
- Assist in the recruitment, employment, assignment, transfer, promotion, demotion, or dismissal of maintenance/custodial and transportation personnel.
- Organizes and implements an orientation program on proper operation and maintenance of school facilities for departmental personnel.
- Examines school buildings on a regular basis for needed repairs and maintenance.
- Consults with building principals regarding the establishment of regular preventative maintenance programs.
- Establishes and recommends priorities on repair projects.
- Estimates cost of repair projects in terms of labor, material, and overhead.
- Schedules work routines for departmental personnel.
- Develops and submits the department budget under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, and exercises budgetary control over adopted budget.
- Coordinates all purchase requirements.
- Supervises and approves payment of all outside contractors performing work for the district.
- Plans and directs the inventory of stock control program for performing work for the district.
- Confers with school principals, landscape architects, and other parties in making plans for landscaping, planning, and maintenance of various school grounds.
- Monitors the time records of all custodial employees in the school and certifies them for salary payments.
- Evaluates the performance of assigned personnel and plans and provides in-service training as required.
- Conducts a continuing program of staff training and personnel development.
- Calls meetings of the custodial staff when it is deemed necessary for purposes of training or morale.
- Coordinates vacation schedules for departmental personnel.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the superintendent.
- The school district reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 month contract as per approved school calendar. Salary range: $60,000 - $80,000
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Sacaton Elementary School District No. 18
150 Skill Center Dr , Sacaton, AZ 85147