Job | Posted a month ago
PAY RANGE: $24.00 to $34.96
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Trade or Technical School certification preferred.
- Automotive mechanical experience necessary. 3 to 5 years experience desired.
- Must have good knowledge and experience on Air and Hydraulic brakes.
- Must possess or obtain a CDL (Class A or B with P & S endorsements).
- Must be a moral and dependable person.
- Must have a clean driving record for the previous five years.
- Computer knowledge sufficient to keep proper maintenance records.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to get along with others.
- Must have or obtain an ASE Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling certificate.
- Must have experience in servicing and repairing diesel engines.
- Must pass state required fingerprint screening.
- Must pass a yearly drug test required by Arizona DPS.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
JOB GOALS: To keep School Buses, District Vehicles and other equipment in such a state of operating excellence that they present no problems of safety or interruption to the educational program.
Inspects, diagnoses, and repairs School Buses, Automobiles, and other school equipment.
- Makes emergency road calls as necessary.
- Makes brake inspections and repairs.
- Maintains all vehicle air conditioning systems.
- Inspects, on regular basis, driveline components, wheels and tires of School Buses and other School Vehicles.
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program, with documentation, for all vehicles.
- Keeps an inventory of all tools and supplies as directed by the supervisor.
- Promotes high standards of safety and good housekeeping in all work-connected areas.
- Acts as a substitue Bus Driver as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The School District reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve (12) month position as per approved school
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Staff Personne
Sacaton Elementary School District No. 18
150 Skill Center Dr , Sacaton, AZ 85147