Human Resource Assistant II
1. Ability to deal effectively with school personnel, union leaders, applicants and the public
2. Knowledge of, and demonstrated skill with, modern office practices, procedures and technology including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, PSIS, Google Applications, MUNIS
3. Ability to understand and carryout complex written and oral instructions
4. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
5. Minimum of three years of experience in confidential human resource work preferred.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources may find appropriate and acceptable.
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources and Administration
To assist the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources and Administration with the full range of district personnel and labor matters.
- Performs assigned duties and special projects for the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources and Administration
- Researches and prepares confidential personnel documents as requested by the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Administration or designee
- Effectively, efficiently and professionally responds to correspondence including e-mail, in person and telephonic inquiries
- Oversees distribution and collection of all documents relating to employee FMLA requests
- Works in collaboration with the Payroll Office regarding salaries, raises, and other salary-oriented matters
- Maintains personnel files on all school district employees
- Completes new hire letters and retirement letters (as needed)
- Enters new employees into MUNIS
- Updates and distributes the Staff Directory
- Oversees all aspects of the sick bank for all bargaining units
- Completes staff attendance
- Ensures staff completion of professional development forms
- Processes the office mail
- Completes employee verification forms
- Assists in the completion of the ED 126 Form (when needed)
- Enters new certified staff certification changes
- Oversees and coordinates sick accrual updates for all staff
- Distributes new hire packets and collects all new hire forms
- Assumes all other responsibilities as assigned and directed by the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources or designee.
Terms of Employment:
Twelve-month work year and full benefits package including Medical and Dental benefits, paid holidays and vacation, personal, sick and bereavement days. This position has a retirement plan, life insurance, and matching Tax-Sheltered Annuity (TSA). This is a non-union position. Salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000 annually, and is negotiable depending upon demonstrated and verifiable skills, experience, and expertise in the area of Human Resources.
Performance of the incumbent will be evaluated annually by the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources and Administration.
Please note: The above description incorporates many of the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. As such, the description should not be considered a complete listing of all the duties incumbent in the position. The duties of this position are subject to change by the Superintendent of Schools, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Administration or designee.
All applicants, whether internal or external, must apply online at www.applitrack.com/hamden/onlineapp
The closing date for all applicants is May 16, 2022. Consideration will not be given to applications received after May 16, 2022.
It is the policy of Hamden Public Schools that no person shall be excluded from, denied the benefits of, or otherwise discriminated against under any program including employment because of age, sex, religion, marital status, race, color, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Our vision is to have a staff that reflects the racial, linguistic and ethnic diversity of our student population so all students in all schools benefit from having diverse role models to learn from, and our school communities are enriched through the perspectives and lived experiences shared by a diverse staff.