Job | Posted 25 days ago
- Current Connecticut certification as a School Psychologist, Social Worker, Speech Language Pathologist or Special Education Teacher
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in public schools as a School Psychologist, Social Worker, Speech Language Pathologist or Special Education Teacher
- Experience managing out of district specialized services/programming preferred but not required
- Alternatives or additions to the above qualifications as determined to be appropriate and acceptable by the Board of Education
- Coordinate PPT’s for Hamden students who attend magnet schools or students with IEP’s who attend specialized programs and schools including but not limited to ACES and High Road Student Learning Center
- Assure that all procedures and timelines are followed for the proper implementation of student’s IEP’s
- Update IEP’s as appropriate using IEP Direct
- Collaborate with staff of magnet schools or the specialized programs and schools to insure proper implementation of child find and or IEP’s
- Collaborate with Hamden Public School Staff and private providers who complete evaluations with students who attend specialized programs and schools
- Collaborate with parents/guardians of students attending magnate specialized schools to facilitate their input as IEP’s are developed and/or modified
- Collaborate with staff, district LRE Facilitator, and administrators within the school district to assure positive transitions for students who return to Hamden Public Schools when they no longer require a specialized school or program to receive FAPE or return to HPS from a magnate school
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Director of Pupil Personnel Services and/or the Superintendent or their designee
Terms of Employment:
Salary, benefits and work year per HEA contract
Performance of the person holding this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of certified personnel.
It is the policy of Hamden Public Schools that no person shall be excluded from, denied the benefits of, or otherwise discriminated against under any program including employment because of age, sex, religion, marital status, race, color, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Our vision is to have a staff that reflects the racial, linguistic and ethnic diversity of our student population so all students in all schools benefit from having diverse role models to learn from, and our school communities are enriched through the perspectives and lived experiences shared by a diverse staff.
Closing date will be May 6th at 4:00 p.m.