General Maintenance Technician 50010295
Posted a month ago
Reports To: Zone Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation: 170 (Salary determined by experience.)
Work Days: 248
FTE: 8 hours per day
General Maintenance TechnicianPosition Summary:
Works in conjunction with other Operations staff to maintain all District sites to enhance a safe and attractive facility that enhances a learning environment.
- Operates and maintains District equipment.
- Repairs/replaces items around school system, ensuring school buildings and grounds are safe and neat in appearance and able to function properly.
- Keeps machinery and other items, such as doors, locks, hinges, and door closures, etc., lubricated and serviced as necessary.
- Uses and maintains power tools.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Cleans and prepares District construction sites to eliminate hazards.
- Loads and unloads building materials, machinery and tools.
- Clears snow and ice from site walkways, drives and building access through the spreading of ice melt, shoveling, scraping or by mechanical means.
- Ensures compliance of OSHA and district standards, policies, and procedures.
- Drives to and from sites to do maintenance, installation, and repairs of buildings during the workday.
- Assists in making deliveries of containers, boxes, misc. products around the District.
- Assists supervisor with inventory, ordering supplies and ensures the use of chemicals and equipment is consistent with established safety standards and practices.
- Promotes the overall effectiveness of the organization by performing tasks and sharing responsibilities of other members of the department during peak periods, inclement weather, or when there is an overload of duties.
- Communicates effectively with all OKCPS personnel, students and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Requires reading, writing, and math skills normally obtained through the completion of a HS Diploma or a GED.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience required; construction experience preferred.
- Knowledge of power tools
- Possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record as defined by the district’s insurance carrier.
The working conditions and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb and work on ladders and lifts, reach above shoulders, crouch, kneel, push, pull, perform repetitive movement of hands and feet, grasp, and manipulate.
- Ability to lift up to 24 pounds continuously, 25 to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Generally works outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work from top of District roofs.