Transportation School Bus Driver
We are presently hiring school bus drivers. Responsible for transporting students and patrons to and from school, activity trips, and other special events: maintaining safety and order on the buses: and complying with all state, local, and federal regulations and district policies.
Must have the ability to acquire a Commercial Driver's License permit prior to the start of training.
Experience preferred but not necessary. Minimum of 3 weeks of paid training, 6-8 hours per day during training.
Guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours per week (during the school year), with the ability to earn more hours, including a benefit package.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
No more than 4 points on your Motor Vehicle Record in the last 3 years.
Starting Salary of $20.00 per hour.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Ability to acquire a Commercial Driver's License Permit before hire, if not a current CDL holder.
- Required to maintain current First Aid/CPR certification during course of employment in this position.
- Maintain CPI Certificate in a Verbal Intervention Group.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals required.
- Large vehicle operation including air brakes required.
SAFETY TO SELF AND OTHERS:
Recognizes the importance of safety in the workplace, follows safety rules, practices safe work habits, and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.