2nd Grade Teacher - 1.0 FTE (2022-2023 School Year)
Posted 24 days ago
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with Elementary Teaching Endorsement
- The salary for this position is determined based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Champaign Federation of Teachers, which is available on our website. The District gives experienced teachers up to 21 years of experience credit for service outside the District. New teachers may request up to $2,000 as a salary advance to help with relocation expenses or other needs. 100% of a teacher’s contributions to TRS are currently paid by the Board of Education. The Board also pays 100% of a teacher’s employee-only health, dental, vision, and term life insurance. There are many opportunities for teachers to earn substantial additional compensation (stipends, differentials, extra duty pay, etc.) during the regular school year and in the summer.
- The District offers an additional $1,500 annual stipend for Teachers who hold a national board certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews may be conducted anytime after April 28, 2022, so interested applicants should submit their materials ASAP to ensure consideration.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Talent Recruitment and Retention Manager, Ms. Jey L. Owens, at email@example.com. Please include your résumé.