Summer School Teacher - DYS Central Region - Math / Science
The Collaborative for Educational Services is seeking Summer School Math/Science Teachers for the DYS Central Region (Westborough, Worcester, Grafton). CES has summer openings for classroom teachers to work with at-risk adolescents in residential facilities run by the Department of Youth Services. Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree from accredited College or University (Master's Degree desirable), or Massachusetts teacher license. Demonstrated successful teaching with high risk youth in urban settings highly desirable.
- Multiple positions, in all content areas
- Small and personalized classes with a focus on academic and behavioral success.
We value: Culturally responsive instruction which builds on student strengths. Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others.
This is you:
- An energetic and dedicated educator, committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk.
- A teachers who is asset-based and familiar with culturally relevant practices.
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- Work alongside other educators dedicated to improving life outcomes for highly vulnerable youth.
- Help equip an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to see themselves, in a different light; allowing them to realize their own potential and new possibilities.
Summer School Schedule: July 11 through August 18. Four days a week, 7.5 hours per day. Monday through Thursday.
Workplace Health and Safety: CES employees working on site in DYS, DMH, DPH or CHC facilities are required to demonstrate that they have received a COVID-19 vaccination.