Athletic Seasonal School Bus Driver
We are presently hiring school bus drivers that would prefer a more flexible schedule to include driving for athletic and band trips during the school year from August to May. This position would require weekly availability with a minimum of 2 days a week. This position has no weekly guaranteed hours. Most trips take place in the afternoons running into early evening. A minimum guarantee of 4 hours will be paid for each field trip covered.
2 years school bus driving experience preferred.
No more than 4 points on your Motor Vehicle Record in the last 3 years.
Mountain Driving Certification required. (Training and certification provided)
Starting Salary of $20.00 per hour.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check and current DOT physical required for hire.
- CDL with the P and S endorsements are required.
- Required to maintain current First Aid/CPR certification during course of employment in this position.
- Must participate and complete all annual training and testing requirements for School Bus Drivers.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Consistency and reliability essential.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals required.
- Large vehicle operation including air brakes required.
SAFETY TO SELF AND OTHERS:
Recognizes the importance of safety in the workplace, follows safety rules, practices safe work habits, and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.