TITLE: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: IT Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular, full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Systems Administrator is responsible for administration, maintenance, and ongoing support for the District’s system software, computer hardware, network, and endpoint management systems.
- Administer and maintain the following:
- Windows infrastructure (AD, Azure, Group Policy, OneDrive, etc)
- Windows Servers in VMWare (Maintenance, Updates, etc)
- Zone Integration Server
- Imaging / Deployment software (PDQ, SmartDeploy)
- Filewave MDM
- Print Management Environment
- Antivirus software on all district servers and devices
- SSL Certificate Management
- Assist in administering network accounts for staff and students
- Assist in implementing and maintaining district-wide security for all systems (encryption, MFA, etc)
- Install computer equipment, network (client and server) hardware and software on a variety of platforms for the purpose of upgrading and maintaining equipment and software
- Work to ensure a proper Disaster Recovery plan with IT Director
- Assist in scheduling warranty repairs for district equipment (if needed)
- Stay abreast of emerging technology to implement best practices to meet the needs of the District
- Drive from school site to school site to attend to tasks, projects and Help Desk calls as assigned
- Attend training sessions as assigned by the IT Director
- Work with vendors to fulfill duties/functions above
- Provide technical support and assistance, whether on the phone, in person, or remotely related to software, computer systems, hardware, and software
- Work closely and cooperatively with staff members whose duties are technology dependent (for example, the staff of the business office)
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an appropriate personal appearance
- Observe all safety, health and confidentiality regulations of the school district
- Serve as a role model in the practice of ethical principles, responsible behavior and democratic values
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Director
- 4+ years of experience working as a Systems or Network Administrator (preferred)
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
- Mobile Device Management experience (preferred)
- Image Deployment experience (preferred)
- Information technology experience
- Appropriate network training and/or experience
- Google Admin Certification (preferred or working towards completion within 1 year)
- Google Docs / Office 365 experience (preferred)
- Alternative to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Willingness to become trained in the system(s) used by the school district.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve computer technical issues
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all staff and to interact with staff, students and the public in a positive manner.
- Potential exposure to blood or other bodily fluids and tissue.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous equipment.
- Occasional operation of a vehicle in inclement weather.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Repetive hand motions and prolonged use of computer.
- Meet deadlines as defined.
- Regular requirement to walk, talk, hear, see, and read.
- Regular requirement to lift equipment, up to 50 lbs.
NOTE: The above lists may not be ranked in order of importance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Length of Employment: One Year Limited Contract (followed by Multi-Year Contracts based on review and board approval)
- Salary: Based on current classified salary schedule with appropriate experience and training
- Fringe Benefits: Based on current classified handbook
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the online application. Please do not send materials through U.S. mail or by e-mail, all documents should be uploaded to your application. If your qualifications meet our needs we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
The Marysville Exempted Village School District is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is in compliance with SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973.
Posted Internally: April 26, 2022
Internal Application Deadline: May 2, 2022