Special Education Instructional Assistant for Students with Autism
Position Title: Special Education Instructional Assistant for Students with Autism
Building: Alaiedon Elementary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working children
- Experience with elementary students
- Basic knowledge of autism
- Assist student in personal hygiene activities
- Work with students in an general education classroom setting
- Directing/redirecting attention
- Finding, modifying, preparing materials
- Administering formal behavior management procedures
- Assisting/monitoring moving around the building
- Coordinating peer support activities
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- This position requires long periods of standing, sitting, and walking.
- The position requires occasional lifting of students, supplies and movement of classroom furnishings during the course of the school day.
- Work takes place both indoors and outdoors, with some travel to other schools or field trip locations.
- Insurance, paid time off, and holidays per the bargaining unit agreement
Work Year: 184 Days
Rate of Pay: $12.56 per hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 6.5 hours per day