Technology Support Technician (Anticipated)
Director of Technology
Repair, support, and operate the district’s technology systems.
- Answer and attend to Help Desk calls in a timely manner.
- Support and repair equipment and software related to the District’s technology systems.
- Support and repair Chromebooks and Laptops in the district.
- Assist in the maintenance an inventory of all technology equipment and software, according to approved procedures.
- Participate in the technology committee, and other groups and organizations as assigned.
- Assure the appropriate and timely maintenance of the computer networks in the buildings and district-wide.
- Work closely and cooperatively with staff members whose duties are technology dependent; for example, the staff of the business office.
- Attend training sessions as assigned by the Technology Coordinator.
- Drive from school site to school site to close Help Desk calls.
- Maintain an appropriate personal appearance.
- Observe all safety, health and confidentiality regulations of the school district.
- Serve as a role model in the practice of ethical principles, responsible behavior and democratic values.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Technology Coordinator.
- Appropriate network training and experience.
- Customer relations training and experience.
- Alternative to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Willingness to become trained in the system(s) used by the school district.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all staff and to interact with staff, students and the public in a positive manner.
- Computers, network electronics, telephone systems.
- Computer repair equipment.
- Battery back-up systems for computers.
- Various office machines, such as copiers, fax machines and typewriters.
- Potential exposure to blood or other bodily fluids and tissue.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous equipment.
- Occasional operation of a vehicle in inclement weather.
- Regular requirement to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see, and read.
- Regular requirement to lift equipment, up to 50 lbs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Length of Employment: One Year Limited Contract
- Salary: Based on current classified salary schedule with appropriate experience and training
- Fringe Benefits: Based on current classified handbook
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the online application. Please do not send materials through U.S. mail or by e-mail, all documents should be uploaded to your application.
If your qualifications meet our needs we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
The Marysville Exempted Village School District is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is in compliance with SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973.
Posted Internally: April 26, 2022
Internal Application Deadline: May 2, 2022