Anticipated - Special Education Teacher - Level I
The Glenwood Community School District is taking applications for an anticipated opening for a Special Education Teacher - Level I. This position is posted as anticipated until board approval of the resignation on May 9, 2022. This position is located at the High School, which is a 9th - 12th grade building.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. A valid Iowa Teaching License.
2. Has demonstrated successful classroom and/or student teaching.
3. Such alternative as the Board may find acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Supervising Administrator
JOB GOAL: The primary function of the classroom instructors is to develop in the student skills, knowledge, and attitudes that will promote fullest possible development.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES included below, but not limited to:
1. Attendance is necessary to be successful in this position.
2. Instructs pupils in basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
4. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
5. Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
6. Develops lesson plans and appropriate instructional aids utilizing a variety of learning methods and effective teaching styles.
7. Establishes and maintains building level standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
8. Assesses the accomplishments of students on an on-going basis and provides progress reports as required.
9. Maintains required inventory records of books, instructional aids, and instructional supplies.
10. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
11. Assists with supervision of pupils in out-of-classroom activities.
12. Participates in curriculum development, staff committee meetings, and other developmental programs.
13. Attends staff meetings as scheduled by building principal, curriculum coordinator, or superintendent.
14. Maintains and improves professional competence through graduate work, inservices, conferences, etc.
15. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
16. Demonstrates positive human relation skills.
17. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s), substitute teachers, student teachers, and volunteers as needed.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary to be negotiated between the recognized bargaining unit and Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Employee Handbook - Teachers - on Evaluation of Procedures for Employe