Full-Time Autistic Support Paraprofessional - York Township
The Dallastown Area School District has an immediate vacancy for a Full-Time Autistic Support Paraprofessional at York Township Elementary School. The scheduled hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Minimum qualifications are as follows:
- High school graduate (or GED)
- Ability to relate to students
- Being child centered, warm, and receptive toward children
- Ability to carry out oral and written communication and follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others and acceptable record of attendance required
- Working one-on-one or with small groups of students as directed by the teacher
- Aiding in supervision of students
- Performing routine clerical work
- Assisting teachers in presentation and development of learning materials and instructional exercises
- Assisting with personal and group needs of students
- Working with instructional media, office machines, and equipment
- Two years of post secondary study (48 credit hours or more), associate’s degree or higher, or ability to meet a rigorous standard of quality as demonstrated through a state or local assessment.
- Experience working with students on the autism spectrum and knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis is strongly preferred.
Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. EOE.