NOHS - Assistant Girls Cross Country Coach
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ASSISTANT COACH 1160.02AR
- High School diploma, or G.E.D. certificate.
- 64 semester hours (minimum) of college credit; or completion of approved KHSAA professional development training as specified in bylaw 27.
- 21 Years of Age.
- Has met requirements of a criminal records check as specified by Kentucky State Law.
- Successful completion of first aid course and CPR certification, as well as any other applicable training requirements as specified by KHSAA Bylaw 27.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sporting rules, regulations and guidelines.
JOB GOAL: To assist the head coach and/or athletic director in various middle and high school athletic programs.
CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE REQUIRED:
- Fundamentals of various sports.
- Health and Safety regulations.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Assist the head coach and/or other assistant coaches on one or more sports.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Assist in promoting sports in the school and community.
- Assist the head coach in planning the athletic program.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and supervising practices.
- Assist the head coach in teaching individual fundamental skills, team plan, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game.
- Assist the head coach in teaching good sportsmanship and self-control.
- Assist in checking eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent.
- Assist students by providing a proper role model, emotional support, patience, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Conduct learning experiences, under the direction of the coaches, with small groups of student athletes.
- Assist in the recommendation of the purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as appropriate for the health, safety and welfare of student athletes.
- Demonstrates loyalty and dedication to the purposes and goals of Oldham County Schools.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
Employment will be on an as needed basis as determined by the Superintendent and will be subject to review for continuation on an annual basis. Stipend commensurate with adopted Oldham County Schools Extra-Curricular Sponsor Stipend Schedule.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel. Evaluations will be conducted by the building principal or his/her designee.
Adopted Oldham County Board of Education January 15, 2020