Head Boys Soccer Coach - Sheridan High School
Head Coaching Position
Sheridan County School District #2 is seeking a positive, motivated, professional coach to join the SCSD2 coaching team.
- Maintain current certification through the Professional Teaching Standards Board (PTSB)
- Maintain all appropriate certifications (CPR, First Aid) and immunizations.
- Knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, statutes, policies and procedures and ability to determine appropriateness of compliance in situations.
REPORTS TO: Activities Director
JOB GOAL: Within the framework of the entire athletic program, provides leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of his coaching area through coordination, planning, evaluation, and implementation of programs.
1. Assists in the coordination of all programs (7-12).
2. Plans and administers staff responsibilities, staff plans, seasonal plans, and scouting duties if applicable.
3. Maintains liaison and active participation with other community activities, i.e., recreation.
4. Assists in the recruitment, screening, hiring, training, and assignment of coaching staff.
5. Assists in the ongoing evaluation of the coaching staff.
6. During Season:
a. Implement Athletic Standards as outlined in Athletic Handbook.
b. Provide information for transportation, officials and game management.
c. Assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and facilities being used.
d. Follow carefully the procedure for initiating purchase orders.
e. Assume supervisory control over all phases of teams in his program.
f. Organize and schedule practice sessions on a regular basis with the idea of developing the Athlete’s greatest potential.
g. Apply discipline in a firm and positive manner as outlined in the Athletic Handbook.
h. See that building regulations are understood and enforced.
i. Emphasize safety precautions and be aware of best training and injury procedures.
j. Conduct himself and his teams in an ethical manner during practice and contests.
k. Report a summary of all contests and provide any publicity information that would aid his program and his athletes.
l. Instruct his players concerning rules and rule changes, new knowledge, and innovative ideas and techniques.
End of Season
a. Arrange for the systematic return of all school equipment and hold the athlete responsible for all equipment not returned.
b. Arrange for the issuance of letters and special awards.
c. Arrange of cleaning, sorting, and inventory of all equipment.
d. Be concerned with the care and maintenance of his facility.
e. Recommend concerning equipment needed to be purchased or repaired.
f. Maintain records of team and individual accomplishments.
EQUIPMENT USED: Athletic equipment for the assigned sport as well as the weight room and athletic training room as necessary.
- ?While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must be physically able to perform basic first aid skills.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Approximate duration of assignment will be determined by position; salary and fringe benefits to be set by the Board of Trustees.
Job category: Season
Exemption Status: non-exempt
Days/year: variable per season
Hours/day: variable per season
Insurance Eligibility: no benefits
Contract position: yes
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
Sheridan County School District No. 2 does not discriminate on the basis of economic status, intellectual ability, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, or religion in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA may be referred to Sheridan County School District No. 2:
Title IX Coordinator
Human Resource Director
201 N. Connor St.
Sheridan, WY 82801
Section 504 Coordinator
Special Services Director
201 N. Connor St.
Sheridan, WY 82801
The closing date displayed is a guideline for candidates and hiring committees. All job postings shall be open for a minimum of five days before they are filled. Once five days have elapsed, committees may begin selecting, interviewing, and hiring qualified candidates. An application is not a guarantee for an interview. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early, as job postings may close sooner than the listed close date.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act exemption status(exempt/non-exempt from overtime) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Wyoming State Statute requires any employee initially hired by SCSD2 on or after July 1, 1996, to pass a criminal background check with DCI (Department of Criminal Investigation).