Assistant Principal-Rickover Junior High
Job | Posted 11 days ago
State Education Agency
TITLE: ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL – JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Job Focus: To assist the Principal with the management of all aspects of a school building, program, and staff, by carrying out specific duties, and by, in the absence of the Principal, assuming the duties of that leadership position.
Line of Supervision: Responsible to and evaluated by the Principal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discipline – initial referrals by alpha slice and issue consequences
- Assumes primary responsibility for all aspects of student attendance, including record keeping, reporting, monitoring, and performing investigative follow-up on absentee cases.
- Assumes primary responsibility for supervising student transportation, health, food service, and after school student activities.
- Assists the Principal with the development of academic and program schedules.
- Assists in conducting safety inspections and emergency drills.
- Assists with the ordering of supplies and/or services requested by staff, making sure that forms are filled out properly and routed to proper channels for processing.
- Conducts inventories of supplies stored within building, maintains proper records of disbursements, and supervises their use.
- Supervises students placed in after school detention for rule infraction.
- Coordinates scheduling of teachers and para-professionals to assist with the duty of lunch supervision in classrooms.
- Conducts observations, both formal and informal of staff, as well as formally evaluates staff as assigned.
- Coordinates (and supervises) all risk management programs for district personnel.
- Assists in insuring safety of all students/staff, while on school property.
- Guards the confidentiality of all information placed in charge of his office. Breach of this trust shall be grounds for dismissal.
- Performs such other duties as requested by the Principal, which are within the scope of his/her administrative duties.
- Performs such other duties as may be requested by the Superintendent of Schools.
1. Has a valid administrative license from the Illinois State Board of Education.
2. Has at least (3) three years of successful experience as a classroom teacher.
3. Such additional qualifications as the Board of Education may deem appropriate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 200 days per year. Salary and other benefits as established by the Board of Education.
Additional Notes: Rickover Junior High is a 6-8 grade school with approximately 500 students
Application Procedure: Apply Online www.d168.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION