Director of Finance
Posted a month ago
- Master’s Degree (M.A.) or equivalent in Education, Business, Finance or CPA preferred. • Documented experience (3 years preferred) in the field of administrative, supervisory or finance preferred.
- Familiarity with State of Delaware Finance/Accounting practices and First State Financial (FSF) preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player with colleagues while also maintaining positive working
- Favorable criminal background and child protection registry check for the candidate offered employment required.
- Tuberculin test required.
- Participation in Direct Deposit required.
1. Prepare, present, and supervise the annual budget to the board and staff.
2. Ascertain all sources of revenue available from the state, local and federal government and satisfying all requirements.
3. Prepare and recommend annual tax rates. Prepare financial reports as required by state and federal agencies.
4. Attends monthly Board of Education meetings and arrange for presentations, demonstrations, and other forms of information that will inform the Board and school administrators of the status and activities of the business office.
5. Supervise the collection, safekeeping, and distribution of funds.
6. Arrange for the internal auditing of school accounts and oversee the reconciliation of all district bank accounts.
7. Manage district payroll procedures.
8. Manage tuition billings.
9. Administer capital improvement projects through the Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds.
10. Manage the sale and payment of construction bonds; provide guidance on the competitive bidding process.
11. Act as the agent for purchasing of supplies, equipment, and services at the best possible prices and quality to meet the needs of the district.
12. Work collaboratively with building principals and Director of Personnel to ensure the accuracy of the September 30th unit count.
13. Perform other assignments and accept other responsibilities as may be assigned.
1. Twelve month contractual position, approved by the Board of Education.
2. Salary based on State and Local Salary Schedules, experience, and education.
4. Benefits in accordance with current Laurel Board policy.
1. Letter of Interest
3. District Application
4. Evidence of certification
5. College transcripts
6. Three professional references
Laurel School District
Attention Judy Evans
1160 South Central Avenue
Laurel, DE 19956
DATE POSTED: April 14, 2022
CLOSING DATE: All documents must be received by 12:00 p.m. on May 5, 2022. An open and continuous search process will be conducted until the position is filled.
The Board of Education reserves the right to reject any or all applicants, re-advertise and/or withdraw any or all positions. The District reserves the right to modify and/or delete any possible vacancy at its discretion for this position. An open and continuous search process will be conducted until the position is filled. The Laurel School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.