Administrative Support Assistant - 12 month position
NORTHEAST METRO 916 INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Date Posted: April 26, 2022
Position Title: Administrative Support Assistant, Due Process - 12 months
Assignment: Karner Blue Education Center
Hours: 40 hours/week
Starting Salary: $23.17 per hour
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Nature of Work:
Incumbents are responsible for providing routine and non-routine administrative support to department offices and other staff in the organization. Responsibilities may include: responding to student and staff inquiries; arranging for meetings, trainings, or events; maintaining records and filing systems; creating, organizing, and maintaining records, forms, or related documents; preparing, reviewing, revising, and distributing standard documents and correspondence; ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies; monitoring assigned processes to ensure accordance with timelines and guidelines; entering, processing, and maintaining student, staff, or related information; and performing basic quantitative and qualitative review of data.
Typical Class Responsibilities:
- Maintains site data bases such as special education due process compliance system, third party billing, Medical Assistance data systems and student attendance and follows procedures using established documentation requirements that comply with state and federal requirement. Enters data, maintains schedules and calendars, schedules meetings, and communicates deadlines to staff and other professionals on student teams. Processes paperwork, including verifying dates and mailing individual education plans (IEPS), maintain evaluation reports, progress reports, team meeting notices, and student's records.
- Schedules and assembles materials and information needed by all parties for district IEPS assessments, reassessments for students and state testing.
- Performs data entry and updates student records, departmental lists, attendance, grades, records or files using spreadsheets or entry programs.
- Answers phones, records messages, assists callers or re-directs inquiries to the appropriate individual or department. Greets visitors and directs them to appropriate persons.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Training and Experience Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D); and 3 years administrative support experience.
- Customer service principles;
- English language, grammar, and punctuation;
- Mathematical concepts;
- Recordkeeping and report preparing principles;
- Filing principles and practices;
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment;
- Confidentiality principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Providing customer service;
- Maintaining records and files;
- Processing information utilizing established procedures;
- Operating modern office equipment;
- Operating a computer and applicable software applications;
- Applying local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Commitment to Equity
At Northeast Metro 916, equity means that everyone has access to what they need in order to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more, click here.
Northeast Metro 916 will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.