Position Title: Self Contained Elementary K-2 Teacher
Location: Beacon Elementary- Various grades
Salary: In accordance with teaching experience
Reports to: Principal
Bargaining Unit: HWEA
Benefits Eligible: Yes
In accordance with the Agreement between Harper Woods Education Association, MEA/NEA, Local 1, and The School District of the City of Harper Woods, Board of Education the following vacancy is announced.
The Teacher offers rigorous curriculum aligned with the State of Michigan Common Core guidelines while upholding the mission, vision and values of the Harper Woods School District. Collaborates with families and other staff members to ensure academic success of students. Evaluates and monitors students’ progress on a periodic basis.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools or an equivalent agency.
- Must possess a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate or Michigan Temporary Teaching Authorization (T2EA), K-5; K-8 All Subjects endorsement.
- Cooperate with teachers, parents and community members.
- Must implement and adhere to district curriculum, goals and objectives.
- Offer input and assist grade level, subject matter and engage leader led conferences/professional developments.
- Develop parent and family involvement in school life and curriculum.
- Synthesize with colleagues on school activities to ensure academic success.
- Discuss with parents on student progress and academic achievements.
- Instruct rules of conduct and ensure classroom, campus, and uniform discipline policies.
- Counsel students during academic and adjustment problems by taking corrective measures to enhance student learning abilities.
- Handle attendance, progress reports and grade records.
- Plan study programs to meet students’ needs, interests and abilities.
- Provide creative assessments and evaluate students’ progress on a periodic basis.
- Instruct students on proper use of all equipment, materials, and textbooks.
- Maintain inventory of instructional materials, aids and equipment.
- Maintain accurate complete student records and prepare reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned by principal.
Please apply at https://www.applitrack.com/resa/onlineapp/