Substitute Day to Day Teacher
Position Title: Substitute Day to Day Teacher
Location: Various Schools- Harper Woods School District
Salary: $200 per day
Reports to: Principal/Designee
Benefits Eligible: MESSA - ACA
- Must possess 60 credit hours or higher from an accredited college/university
- Evaluate and assess students’ progress on a periodic basis.
- Monitor individual student’s progress.
- Reports to the building Principal or designee at the appointed time per the local school.
- Reviews with the Principal, Administrator or designee, all plans, schedules and complies with the Student Code of Conduct guidelines during the instructional day.
- Maintains, as fully as possible, the established routines and procedures for the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
- Teaches the lesson outlined and described and prepared by the absent teacher, Principal or designee. Consults with the building Principal, Administrator or designee before initiating any teaching or other procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class, maintains classroom management and control in class, as well as during lunch and recess periods.
- Reports, in writing on the form(s) provided by the school secretary, on the day’s activities at the end of each teaching day.
- Follows all District policies, work rules and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictate.
- Take corrective measures to enhance student-learning abilities.
- Instruct students on proper use of equipment, materials, and textbooks.
- Maintain inventory of instructional materials, aids and equipment.
- Maintain accurate complete student records, take attendance and prepare reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal/Designee.