COVINGTON INDEPENDENT PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2022-2023
POSITION: PRIMARY TEACHER
SCHOOL/PROGRAM: NINTH DISTRICT ELEMENTARY
DATE POSTED: APRIL 26, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: POSITION IS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
- Hold bachelor's degree and required Kentucky certification for assigned position.
- Proven ability to work effectively with students.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and faculty.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Building Principal SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Guides the learning process through the establishment of curriculum goals and develops clear objectives to meet the goals.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports, including reports to parents as required, and implementation of the reading and math management systems, and/or individual education plan and course curriculum outlines when or where appropriate.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records and their confidentiality as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student conduct for the classroom and school related activities as set forth by the Student Code of Conduct.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s), and cooperatively with department heads or instructional and guidance facilitators, evaluates their job performance.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Assesses the learning needs of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Maintains a professional awareness of current literature related to assignment, including working knowledge of state and federal law, Board policy and administrative regulations.
- Perform related duties as assigned by administrator or Superintendent.
- To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
SALARY: Based on rank and experience CONTRACT: 185 Days
- Complete the online application at: .Covington Independent Schools - Frontline Recruitment (applitrack.com)
- In-district applicants complete the Internal application and apply to the posting.
- Out-of-district applicants complete the Certified application and apply to the posting.
- Please direct questions about the online application process to Dawn Vancini at email@example.com .
- For information regarding the position contact Kieli Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- This position will be filled as soon as possible following the application deadline. All applications will be evaluated and screened.
An Equal Opportunity Employer