Intake and Referral Specialist
Job | Posted a month ago
Butler County Educational Service Center
April 21, 2022
Butler County Educational Service Center
April 21, 2022
POSITION: Intake and Referral Specialist
To be the first point of contact for families with children 0-5, providing excellent customer service, and support for enrollment by initiating the intake process including scheduling of clients and staff, and perform central intake
duties as appropriate. To perform duties in support of activities, including computer data
input, formats and reports, and provides overall support of the enrollment/recruitment into Early Childhood Programs.
- Associate degree in Secretarial Science, Business Administration or a related area and equivalent combination of experience and education (minimum HS Diploma).
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience working in Early Childhood Programs.
- Ability to speak other languages preferred.
- Proficient in the use of office machines, telephone systems and computers.
- Knowledge or experience in working within different types of data systems.
- Ability to type proficiently approximately 40 WPM. Must complete a typing test prior to offer of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Basic skills level in Microsoft office applications, email applications and internet usage. Intermediate skill level preferred.
- Willingness/ability to work as a team member.
- Good organizational/communication skills, ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and good follow-through skills.
- History of good job attendance.
- Must pass criminal background checks and be free from communicable diseases.
- To answer main telephone line for Early Childhood Programs.
- Respond to the needs of clients in a professional, supportive and timely manner.
- To provide initial intake services for all Early Childhood Programs including, but not limited to, Early Intervention, Head Start Program, Early Head Start Program, Help Me Grow Home Visiting and Nurse Family Partnership in our region.
- Ability to provide basic explanation of above noted programs and provide guidance on most appropriate program to meet families need.
- Schedule initial appointments for enrollment for all Early Childhood programs following specific guidelines for each program.
- Checks voicemail, fax and email for new referrals and assigns per protocol on a daily basis.
- To mail appropriate documentation to clients as needed including appointment letter or any other referral follow up needs.
- Performs real time data entry into the ODH and Central Intake databases with attention to detail to create electronic records.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct documentation and records for all calls and referrals.
- Troubleshoot issues related to data entry and contacts Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Developmental Disability, staff and/or partners to resolve issues and inconsistencies and/or missing data.
- Be knowledgeable of community resources and assist families with making connections to those resources as needed.
- Confer with supervisors regarding progress, concerns and recommendations.
- To maintain records and files as required.
- To plan and organize own work to meet priorities. Must be able to work well independently.
- To meet deadlines (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgement in handling information and records.
- To continuously update and improve professional competence.
- To comply with state and federal regulations that pertains to the position (e.g. OSHA, OCR).
- To perform other duties consistent with the position as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- To serve as a role model in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings.
- To help instill in students the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of: Board policies and procedures, building policies and procedures, public relations, and state and federal reporting, and database programs.
- Ability to: Interpret policies and procedures, work successfully in a culturally diverse environment, follow instructions, communicate effectively, and maintain files and reports, collect data, schedule, sit at computer for long periods of time, answer telephone and receive/write/type information while speaking on the telephone and lift moderate amounts of weight. Work successfully in a culturally diverse environment.
- Skilled in: Basic math, English and communications, computer, copier, fax, telephone system, calculator, typewriter and other customary office equipment.
Computer, copier, fax, telephone system, calculator and other customary office equipment.
ADDITIONAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Occasional: Exposure loud noise, unruly children/adults, exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year as established by the Governing Board. The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance use in the workplace through his/her employment in the District.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Personnel.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $25,502 - $ 36,041 based upon education and experience
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits for all full time employees
WORK YEAR: Full Time – 260 days
DEADLINE: Until filled
APPLY TO: Apply by clicking here: www.bcesc.org
The Butler County Educational Service Center is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted without regard to age, race, handicap, color, sex or national origin. The regulations of Title VI, VII (Civil Rights Acts of 1984), Equal Pay act of 1963, Americans With Disabilities Act, Title IX, and the Drug-free Schools and Communities Act of 1989 are followed. (If you need an accommodation to interview, contact Human Resources by the deadline.