Senior Programmer Analyst - Enterprise Analytics Team
License and Certification Qualifications: None required.
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree in related field preferred.
Experience Qualifications: Six years of experience in business intelligence development or similar work required. Experience in a suite of business analytics tools such as Cognos, PowerBI and/or Tableau preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Demonstrated skill and ability in analyzing processes and identifying areas for improvement; ability to translate logic to solve application problems; understanding of the systems development process (design, debugging, documentation, testing, maintenance); working knowledge of relational database design, including tables, views and indexes; ability to communicate effectively and to work well with others; strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; ability to act as a representative of Gwinnett County Public Schools; and ability to work across functional boundaries and interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation, and deployment of business intelligence solutions through the presentation of information using reports, dashboards and visualizations.
1. Design, build and deploy business intelligence solutions based on business, data and functional requirements.
2. Develop, maintain, document, and manage business intelligence and reporting solutions using various visualization tools.
3. Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses to ensure reports and visualizations meet requirements.
4. Create simple to complex data solutions by leveraging database design, performance tuning, query optimization, indexes, data migration tools, and data analysis of back-end data.
5. Create and maintain technical application documentation.
6. Provide on-going support and maintenance of enterprise analytic solutions.
7. Conduct testing and troubleshooting of analytics solutions.
8. Evaluate existing business intelligence systems and provide management options for continuous quality improvement.
9. Maintain knowledge in current technologies and industry strategies by participating in education opportunities and reading professional publications.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to touch, handle, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Possible prolonged exposure to cold and noise in a server machine room. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.