Special Education Interrelated Teacher/Coordinator (2022/2023 School Year)
TEACHER (Special Education)
DEPARTMENT: Sallie Zetterower Elementary School
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 days
SALARY: Based on Bulloch County Schools salary/supplement schedule
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal or designee
JOB CODE: TBD
This position is responsible for providing instruction to students that meet the needs of the district’s goals and objectives.
- Valid teacher certification in the assigned teaching field.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function of the position. When appropriate, reasonable accommodations will be provided to afford persons with disabilities an opportunity to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to provide a criminal background check with results that adhere to Bulloch County Board of Education Policy GAK(1).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the curriculum, subject content, pedagogical knowledge and the needs of students by providing relevant learning experiences.
- Plans using state and local school district curricula and standards, effective strategies, resources and data to address the differentiated needs of all students.
- Promotes student learning by using research-based instructional strategies relevant to the content to engage students in active learning and to facilitate the students’ acquisition of key knowledge and skills.
- Challenges and supports each student’s learning by providing appropriate content and developing skills which address individual learning differences.
- Systematically chooses a variety of diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies and instruments that are valid and appropriate for the content and student population.
- Systematically gathers, analyzes and uses relevant data to measure student progress, to inform instructional content and delivery methods, and to provide timely and constructive feedback to both students and parents.
- Provides a well-managed, safe and orderly environment that is conducive to learning and encourages respect for all.
- Creates a student-centered, academic environment in which teaching and learning occur at high levels and students are self-directed learners.
- Exhibits a commitment to professional ethics and the school’s mission, participates in professional growth opportunities to support student learning and contributes to the profession.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents or guardians, district and school personnel and other stakeholders in ways that enhance student learning.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of force greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated light work.
- Interaction with Others: Ability to maintain, on a regular and consistent basis, relationships that are characterized by high expectations, teamwork, and collaboration. Ability to be flexible relative to daily routines. Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the differences among diverse populations.
- Concentration: Ability to maintain workflow and thought processes in the presence of frequent distractions. Ability to ignore irrelevant sights or sounds and intrusive thoughts or stimuli. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with only few or no errors.
- Stressful Circumstances: Ability to produce quality work when short or unexpected deadlines are presented. Ability to adjust work processes without incident when new and unexpected directions are given relative to a project that may be in process. Ability to maintain composure and not compound a situation when interacting with persons who may be angry, demanding or otherwise less than polite.
- Independent Judgment: Ability to complete work tasks without being given precise directions relative to work steps or the final project.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to establish priorities, simultaneously manage multiple tasks; and deliver a quality work product by a designated deadline.
- Public Contact: Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with superiors, colleagues, parents, and other individuals within and external to the school system. Ability to demonstrate professionalism while interacting with others and to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Attendance and Dependability: Ability to report to work at the scheduled time and to seldom be absent from work. Demonstrate prompt and regular work attendance. Process appropriate paperwork to authorize absences in accordance with school system procedures. Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate manner and to be conscientious about work performance.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent or designated supervisor in accordance with Policy GBI - Evaluation of Personnel.
Job descriptions are designed and intended only to summarize the essential duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and requirements for the purpose of clarifying the general nature and scope of a position's role. Job descriptions do not list all tasks an employee might be expected to perform.