Teacher - Early Childhood - Montrose Site
Position Title: Early Childhood Classroom Teacher
Direct Supervisor: Director of Early Childhood
Contracted Length Term: ECC Classified Teacher - 183 Days
Salary Schedule: Early Childhood Classified Teacher (range $22,915 - $41,525 based on the 21/22 salary schedules, education and experience)
Start Date: Mid-August 2022
Brief summary of MCSD
Nestled within Colorado’s gorgeous Western Slope, the towns of Montrose and Olathe are surrounded by an endless variety of prospects for exploration and adventure (Black Canyon National Park, Telluride and the San Juan Mountains to the South, along with rivers, lakes and streams). MCSD is one of the largest rural school districts in Colorado, which means we are small enough to be neighborly, but still big enough to continue growing (with short commutes to school and work).
Summary of Position:
Under the direct supervision of the Education Coordinator, the Teacher develops and implements individual educational and developmental plans for children, which helps them to develop socially, intellectually, physically, and emotionally, in a manner appropriate to their stage of development. The teacher works collaboratively with the classroom paraprofessional, volunteers and other support staff to ensure that students are receiving the highest quality of care at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of a safe, clean, healthy, and productive work environment, including both indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Ensure compliance of all regulatory standards of the MCSD RE-1J Early Childhood Centers.
- Supervise teaching partner and ensure performance evaluations, goal setting and staff development are reviewed on a periodic/as needed basis.
- On-going professional development through education, coaching, mentoring, training and resources.
- Ensure that Creative Curriculum is implemented with fidelity.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum, instruction, lesson planning and assessment for every child in the classroom.
- Implementation of Pyramid Model Structures and activities.
- Implementation of Second Step.
- Actively supervise and manage children in the classroom and outdoors to ensure that all children are safe and accounted for at all times.
- Maintain record keeping and reporting systems to ensure accurate information, with timely completion and follow-up.
- Build relationships and effectively communicate with children, families, managers, regulatory agencies, community groups individually and in large group settings.
- Build relationships and participate in community collaborations and events to enhance MCSD RE-1J Early Childhood Centers.
- Conduct home visits for center children in accordance with Head Start performance standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with MCSD RE-1J Early Childhood Center policy and procedures.
- Practice proper time management skills by being prompt, reliable, dependable and flexible.
- Respect and maintain rights and privacy of all staff, parents, and children.
- Meet all MCSD RE-1J Early Childhood Centers deadlines as assigned by supervisor, the management team and/or Director.
Associate of Art degree supplemented by training and course work in early childhood development.
Bachelor of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education or related field supplemented by training and course work in early childhood development
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skills to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities, as well as comply with professional and ethical standards.
Knowledge of and Abilities:
- Sound organizational skills.
- Various PC and Apple software programs (i.e., MS Work, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc.).
- Effective communication skill includes, but is not limited to, written, verbal, active listening and non-judgmental gestures.
- Write reports and correspondence.
- Perform basic math, and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Effectively communicate with community members and groups, coordinators, regulatory agencies and families, both individually and in group settings.
- Supervise and manage staff members efficiently and effectively within the guidelines of MCSD RE-1J, MCSD RE-1J Early Childhood Centers, Head Start, Colorado Preschool Program, Colorado Child Care licensing regulations and other federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 5 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves sitting, walking, and/or standing.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handling and working with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Additional Requirements: The position classification performs decision analysis processes and makes decisions of considerable consequence, requiring the application and interpretation of data, facts, procedures, and policies.
Condition of Employment:
Criminal Background Check required for hire
Clean driving record
Insurability by the District's liability insurance carrier