22/23 SY - TOA, STUDENT SUCCESS COORDINATOR (CC #137324)
Job | Posted 21 days ago
POSITION TITLE: TOA, Student Success Coordinator DIVISON: Student & Family Services
WORKING YEAR: 9 Months DEPARTMENT: Student Success
LOCATION: Schools SALARY SCHEDULE: Certified
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBLITIES:
Under the direction of the Assistant Principal for Student Success, the TOA Student Success Coordinator will support PXU’s vision to ensure that all students and staff have access to safe and supportive school environments. This coordinator will respond to discipline referrals for various student behaviors by conducting root-cause analysis of the reported behavior(s) and identifying student needs. The coordinator will work collaboratively with campus administration, and the Student Support Team, to ensure all students are provided with targeted interventions, supports, and/or consequences necessary to address student behaviors. The TOA, Student Success Coordinator will support campus initiatives and services that foster student success.
- Consults with the Assistant Principal for Student Success, and collaborates with other school-based leadership team members to identify priorities and develop campus strategies for improving student success.
- Collaborates with campus administration and school teams on the implementation of school-wide behavior expectations (PBIS) and implementation of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Principal of Student Success, addresses minor behavior incidents by conducting root-cause analysis of behavior and identifying student needs.
- Consults with and provides recommendations to the Assistant Principal of Student Success for behavior consequences and interventions, according to the Student Code of Conduct.
- In partnership with key school team members and families, develops academic, behavior, social and/or emotional, intervention plans with goals and timelines.
- Consults with administrators and the student support team members to address classroom and campus trends related to school incidents and student behaviors.
- Participates as an active member on the campus Student Support Team and collaborates with team members to monitor the implementation and progress of intervention plans.
- Participates in trainings relevant to support the successful implementation of practices/systems that address research-evidenced academic, social, emotional, and behavior interventions and supports.
- Participates in collaborative meetings led by the Office of Student Success and the Student and Family Services Division to build capacity and facilitate learning across the campus.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Possesses an Arizona Teaching Certificate or an Arizona Professional Non-Teaching Certificate.
- A minimum of five (5) years of teaching, counseling, behavioral intervention, and/or equivalent professional work. Three (3) of the five (5) years must be teaching experience (High school experience preferred).
- Documentation of training or formal education in practices/systems that address research-evidenced academic and behavior interventions (may include but not limited to PBIS, ACES/Trauma informed de-escalation strategies, restorative practices).
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience/participation in strategic planning and implementation, committee oversight, and/or other program management to support and improve instructional practices /systems. This includes experience providing opportunities with adult learners to collaborate, model, observe, and provide feedback.
- Communicates and works effectively with campus administrators, teachers, support staff, students, parents, and district level staff.
- Possesses a working knowledge of audio, video, digital equipment and related software or internet-based programs.
- Demonstrates a command of data analysis skills using excel and/or Data Warehouse to track groups of students for early warning signs and trends.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
Principal or designee
Student & Family Services
CTA, ADA, CEA
AA / JL