2022-2023 2nd Grade Reading/Literacy Specialist - St. Joseph, Seattle
2nd Grade Reading/Literacy Specialist
The mission of St. Joseph School is to create a faith-centered community that educates and inspires students to reach their God-given potential. All are welcome in a Catholic school, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or personal history. We educate because we are Catholic and strive to be a welcoming community for all people. By choosing a Catholic school, you are entering into a relationship that sees the parent as the child’s primary educator and the school as a primary partner in the child's education. We are proud to continue the Ignatian tradition of care for the whole person in our quest for the Magis.
St. Joseph School is seeking a Primary LRC Reading/Literacy Specialist for the 2022 - 2023 school year to join a highly motivated, curious, and passionate staff of educators.
- Create a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another, through student-centered instruction, collaboration, and authentic assessment.
- Develop, implement, and monitor individual learning and accommodation plans.
- Provide supportive, supplemental high-quality one-on-one or small group instruction, and executive function skills to students as needed.
- Collaborate with teachers and teaching teams to create, administer and discuss assessments regularly, and implement a continuous system of evaluations and progress monitoring for students.
- Maintain confidential student records and keep accurate documentation of sessions, meetings, and other communications.
- Assist teachers with understanding psycho-educational evaluations and developing accommodation plans and practical classroom applications based on the recommendations made in those evaluations.
- Collaborate with LRC Team to report and problem solve student academic, medical, behavior/emotional needs.
- Coordinate meetings with families and teachers to discuss accommodations and recommendations and attend student-led conferences twice a year and as needed.
- Write trimester and end-of-year reports.
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Participate in all staff, building, and grade-level meetings and perform various faculty supervisory duties.
- The successful candidate will:
- Have an enthusiastic commitment to the mission of St. Joseph School and the institution’s core values.
- Desire to collaboratively work in a teacher-driven, student-centered environment.
- Demonstrate curiosity about the world and passion to engage students in a meaningful and authentic learning experience.
- Believe that all students can learn and achieve at high levels.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of teaching experience at the primary school level.
- Have Special Education or Learning Resource Room experience.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Use technology as needed to instruct, assess and communicate student progress.
- Desire to continue professional development.
- Hold a valid teaching certificate or is in the process of securing one.
Please complete an application in Applitrack and submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Vaccination Requirement – Condition of Employment
The Governor’s Proclamation 21-14.2 requires all employees of educational institutions (schools) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious (moral/ethical) exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.