8th Grade Girls Basketball Coach
- TITLE: Coach – Middle School
- Demonstrates skill and experience in the sport coached.
- Valid Idaho Teaching Certificate preferred.
- Ability to work with staff, students, and the public.
- Current CPR certification.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- REPORTS TO: Building Administrator.
- JOB GOALS:
To support the delivery of School District 91's curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement.
To assist the Head Coach in helping each participating student achieve a fundamental skill level, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the head coach in carrying out their responsibilities to the students and the district.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the head coach during their absence.
- Is responsible for the safety of the students under their direction while on the playing field, both in practice and during competition.
- Complies with all rules and regulations of the IHSAA, the State Board of Education and the Board of Trustees for 91.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence including attendance at district workshops on safety and legal issues, i.e. CPR, first aid.
- Attends appropriate meetings and serves on committees as requested by the Building Administrator.
- Maintains high standards of ethical conduct and confidentiality.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Note: See Section IV of the District Activity Handbook for additional details regarding this position.
- TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employed annually under the Middle School Coach stipend as per the Stipend Schedule as listed in the Negotiated Master Contract between 91 and the Idaho Falls Education Association. Beginning full stipend amount - $1,688.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Administrator as part of the teacher evaluation process in accordance with the Negotiated Master Contract.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. In addition, interview preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact Human Resources.