Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in education from an accredited college or university required.
Michigan teaching certificate with Elementary endorsement (Early Childhood preferred).
Experience: Experience/Coursework in RTI/MTSS preferred, but not required
- Ability to plan and implement elementary grade level curriculum and effectively provide instruction to all students
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and staff
- Ability to analyze data in order to plan for students in an RTI model
- Maintain the philosophy that all children can learn when provided with the appropriate instruction
- Ability and willingness to individualize instruction to meet the needs of the students
- Ability to work collaboratively with others within a “team consensus” approach
- Receptive to feedback and continuously in pursuit of improving classroom effectiveness and achievement of student outcomes
- Ability to set and maintain behavioral limits in a consistent manner
- Ability to remain objective, calm and neutral when responding to student’s inappropriate behaviors
- Ability to “actively listen” to students and relate to them in a positive, supportive and reinforcing manner
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: School year, as defined in teachers’ Master Agreement
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and background.
Based upon Salary Schedule in the AEA Master Agreement
Application Deadline: May 13, 2022Application Procedure:
For questions about this position, please contact:
Rebecca Shuper, Principal
Allegan Public Schools complies with all federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, familial status, marital status, political belief, disability, handicap, or any othe rlegally protected characteristic - in all of its programs and in employment. Inquiries or complaints should be directed to the Superintendent, 550 Fifth St, Allegan, MI 49010 or by phone at (269) 673-5431.