Assistant Principal - Middle School
Per Governor Inslee’s proclamation, as a condition of employment/upon hire, all employees must be fully vaccinated or request and be approved for a medical/religious exemption/accommodation.
- Washington State Administrator Certificate with K-12 Principal endorsement.
- Masters Degree: Educational Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated successful administrative experience preferred.
- Alternative qualifications that the Board finds appropriate and acceptable.
The Middle School Assistant Principal is someone who is aggressively involved with, and has demonstrated skill in:
- Promoting a positive school climate where diversity is respected.
- Implementing effective school practices through shared decision making.
- Establishing effective relationships with students, staff and community connections.
- Operating in an efficient, flexible, and responsive manner to accommodate a variety of needs.
- Development, implementation and evaluation of interdisciplinary, integrated programs.
- Supervision, including the ability to evaluate classroom instruction and to work effectively with teachers to improve instruction.
- Using computer technologies to enhance instruction/classroom/school management.
- Knowledge of current laws governing special education and 504 students.
- Supporting and assessing a learning program to continuously improve student performance.
- Promoting high expectations, performance and achievement from students and staff.
- Listening, planning, organizing, and delegating through effective communications.
- Modeling integrity, ethical behavior, self-confidence, courage and a sense of humor.
- Creating unity and respect in all relationships.
- Willingness to learn Making Middle Grades Work key practices and promote school progress towards goals.
Salary: $130,803.00 (2021-22)
Application Procedure: Apply online For best consideration, please submit online application by May 9, 2022.