Job | Posted 24 days ago
Arbor Park School District 145
- This position will provide end-user support for all technology devices within the school. The Technology Intern will install, maintain, and troubleshoot IT equipment including PCs, monitors, printers, projectors, tablets, etc. This is a non-paid position but can count towards college credit if you register for the appropriate class and follow the process by your institution. The goal of the internship is to provide you real world hands on experience. If you are completing this for college credit, a mini project will need to be completed but can be determined at the beginning of the program.
The internship requirements:
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be over 16 years old
- Commit to 17 weeks (semester length). June-August
*days and times vary but we can accommodate around school’s schedules.
- Have a basic understanding of PC/MAC computers, VoIP phones, printers, projectors, smart boards, tablets (iPads, Tablets), scanners.
- Provide customer service and technology support to students, teachers, and staff.
- Ensure end-user equipment is kept clean and functional
- Cleaning of desktop computers, keyboards, mice, printers, and monitors. Knowledge of common software including Microsoft Office 365, Firefox, Safari, Windows 10, Apple OS.
- Image desktop computers
- Cleaning, preparing, imaging, inventorying, devices and accessories in preparation for the new school year.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by Manager/CTO.
- A desire to learn and gain new knowledge.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, staff, and peers; skill in oral and written communication; skill and patience in listening.
- Work closely with other team members to share knowledge and resolutions.
- Have a strong and passionate interest in technology!!!
The ability to travel between buildings. All 4 buildings are within 5-10 minutes of each other.
Minimum: Working towards Associates Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or IT related field.