Job | Posted 19 days ago
Job DescriptionPosition Title: Custodian
Position Type: ($30,037 annual) / Non-Exempt
Position Hours: Full-time / Monday – Friday (3rd Shift)
Length of Term/Employment: 247 work day schedule / At-will
Reports to: Campus Principal and Operations Manager
Position Mission: Follow routine cleaning to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
Position Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED preferred.
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Must have the ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning of several types of floors and spaces.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment.
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies.
- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
- Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and playgrounds as needed.
- Assist with opening and closing buildings each school day.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
- Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open, and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy.
- Inspect cleaning equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Charter & Community Responsibilities:
- Convey the charter's mission to the public and encourage support in accomplishing the mission.
- Illustrate understanding of Charter and community needs and begin activities to meet those needs.
- Demonstrate use of productive and efficient skills to raise community and parent involvement.
- Actively participate in student recruitment efforts.
- Encourage a constructive, thoughtful climate for learning.
- Promote fairness of students and staff from all cultural backgrounds.
- Communicate with students and staff in an effective manner that promotes and sustains the Jubilee culture.
- Buffer, stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, MVP vacuum, shampooer, Backpack vacuum, vacuum cleaner, high speed Burnisher machine.
- Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, and heavy lifting and carrying.
- Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders.
- Constant fast-paced work environment.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.