Nutrition Service Manager
Posted 3 days ago
|Job Position:||Nutrition Service Manager||School:||All Schools|
|Subject:||Nutrition Services||City:||Meridian, Nampa|
|Full Time/Part Time:||Full-Time||Start Date:||July 19, 2022|
Are you interested in making a significant impact in students’ lives? Would you like to be part of a team that is committed to do whatever it takes to make every student successful? Gem Prep is seeking an entrepreneurial spirit who is committed to excellence and has a desire to join a fast-growing team.
Gem Prep is a K- 12 college preparatory school. At least sixty percent of Gem Prep students will graduate high school with an associate’s degree and the remainder will graduate with at least 18 college credits. During the elementary years, Gem Prep believes in building a strong academic foundation to prepare students for the rigorous learning environment in grades 7-12.
Gem Prep views itself as a catalyst for changing K-12 education in Idaho, with an impact that extends beyond our schools to benefit students throughout the state. Our focus is to improve post-secondary preparedness and achievement for all students. Gem Prep Schools are part of the Gem Innovation Schools organization that serves K-12 students throughout Idaho, operating four charter schools in Nampa, Meridian and Pocatello and a statewide virtual school. See www.gemprep.org for more information.
Gem Prep students develop the following competencies by the time they graduate high school. Gem Prep staff are expected to possess each of these same competencies.
- Self-Aware, Self-Directed and Self-Disciplined
- Creative Problem-Solver
- Skilled Communicator and Collaborator
The Nutrition Service Manager is responsible for overseeing the organization, direction, and supervision of production staff to provide a safe, proper, and efficient use of all kitchen equipment and food supplies across the network. The nutrition service manager must work closely with the Chief Operating Officer under all guidelines established by the State Department of Education/Child Nutrition Division. The nutrition service manager's responsibilities include overseeing the day-to-day nutrition service operations, purchasing, and menu planning aspects of the food service. Training qualified food preparation and nutrition staff is one of the job's key duties. Work or tasks are performed under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer. Rate of pay is $20.22 per hour.
- Manage free/reduced lunch applications and benefit issuance lists
- Assists in staffing nutrition aides, prepares and conducts work assignments
- Conducts new employee orientation and training
- Ensures schools are maintaining food service records such as but not limited to production sheets, food orders, milk orders, inventory, meal counts, and other related records.
- Participates in developing and maintaining routine procedures for accurate checking and serving of meals;
- Maintains defined standards of safety for personnel, food preparation, kitchen equipment and physical plant;
- Prepares monthly menus in accordance with the child nutrition program guidelines
- Orders food and supplies to maintain stock at the required level;
- Supervises and evaluates food service employees;
- Follows defined standards of sanitation for personnel, food preparation and kitchen equipment;
- Attends approved training and workshops;
- Follows established procedures for service and distribution of meals;
- Operation of standard and specialized kitchen equipment
- Health and safety procedures relating to food preparation and sanitation;
- Operation of a cash machine and office computer with related job-specific software;
- Management and supervisory skills;
- District policies regarding free and reduced programs and funding regulations;
- Basic math, accounting, and record-keeping
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with Gem Prep policies, procedures, and safety practices.
- Maintain office, school, and individual confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned.
Gem Prep focuses on hiring and developing great employees with high expectations and provides robust support to meet those expectations. Gem Prep expects the following:
- Results. Gem Prep works relentlessly to create efficient, measurable, and sustainable results. We strive for excellence and pursue our mission tenaciously. Ideally, you thrive working in a fluid environment where flexibility and tenacity are required.
- Innovation. We embrace new approaches and ideas that have a powerful impact on learning and teaching, achieving success for every student. We believe that today’s students need schools that dramatically rethink the traditional learning and teaching process for the success of every student. The status quo is not acceptable.
- Integrity. We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We expect the same of you.
- Humility. If you are humble and teachable, this will be a powerful learning experience for you. Your humility will be key to building trusted and authentic relationships as well as the key to your professional growth. We also understand that you bring valuable experiences and knowledge that will lift our team.
- Teamwork. We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency; and
- Two years of foodservice management experience; child nutrition service experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and self-reflective
- Desire to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjust priorities and work autonomously
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Currently holds or will obtain ServSafe Food Handler certification within 90 days of employment
- General knowledge of financial reporting and budgeting (preferred)