Night Shift Custodian
Under the direct supervision of the Building Administrator, Director of Facilities and/or designee performs general cleaning and maintenance in school buildings and grounds; maintains equipment in functional condition; and provides cleaning and custodial assistance to students, staff, visitors and others as necessary.
- Maintain positive interaction with teachers, crew, town employees and students;
- Clean/vacuum/wash/strip/polish/wax floors, walls, windows, ceilings, and furniture.
- Minor checks of building systems;
- Perform general cleaning and maintenance of building during daily route assigned to crew including but not limited to bathroom facilities, stairwells, hallways, classrooms, etc.
- Clear and remove trash, as required.
- Fill-in for Head Custodian throughout the district, as required.
- Perform all duties as assigned by the Building Administrator(s), Facilities Manager and/or designee.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and complete multiple projects on-time and within required deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all organization levels.
- Ability to function effectively with minimal supervision (self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented).
- Ability to work well with colleagues maintaining a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of boilers, fire alarms, maintenance equipment i.e. auto scrubber, ride-on machines, burnisher etc.
- Mechanical skills required i.e. temporary minor repairs for broken soap dispenser, towel dispenser, loose door knob, hang pictures, etc.
- Ability to use equipment i.e. scrubbers, host machine, swing machines burnisher, ride on machine, kai vac, and other various machinery
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures for equipment i.e. scrubbers, host machine, swing machines, burnisher, and other various machinery.
- Willingness to learn the maintenance and operation of current and new equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years custodial experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in working environment requiring minimal direction.
- Good attendance history.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The salary and hours for this position are determined in accordance with the provisions of the Stratford Public Schools Custodian Association contract.
- Work day is eight (8) hours per day, 40 hours per week
- Hours for this position: 2:30 p.m to 11:00 p.m with 30 minute unpaid lunch; Summer hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with paid lunch
- Full time, full-year with benefits