2022-2023 - Physical Education Teacher - Hunter-Kinard-Tyler High School
Job | Posted a month ago
Instructs students in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth in the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches State and District approved curriculum.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and --in harmony with the goals --establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Oversees the work of assigned instructional aides and volunteers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in area of major study
- Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate for content area as required by the South Carolina Department of Education
- 3-5 years teaching experience (preferred).
Language Skills: Ability to read English and comprehend complex technical language. Ability to write memoranda and correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with a high degree of accuracy.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed, but basic, written or oral instructions in English. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to work collaboratively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor(s), staff, students, parents and community. Usually there is a need to motivate, establish rapport, gain support, or persuade or influence individuals or groups. Occasional debate is often characteristic of the contact and may require considerable skill in diplomacy, tact and discretion.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and may be continuously required to stand. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk while performing the duties of this job. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee may be required to sit at a desk and use a computer for long periods of time.
Working Conditions: School or office environment with limited exposure to environmental conditions. Routine local travel required; occasional overnight travel required. Requires the ability to work under a degree of stress related to duties that require considerable attention and meeting deadlines.
The information contained in this job description for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned. To performe this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job may be made.
Orangeburg County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, handicap or disability, or any other protected characteristic in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities.
FSLA Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: Teacher Salary Scale
Days of Work: 190
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: Teacher salary scale
Days of Work: 190