Teaching in one of the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Elementary Schools is a rewarding experience for anyone who believes in the power of education and the strength of faith. As one of the largest private school systems in the nation with approximately 200 schools across Cook and Lake Counties, we are not just committed to our students’ success, but also your professional and spiritual success. With a wide range of positions and school locations, we offer our teachers the flexibility and resources they need to succeed at our award-winning schools.
The teacher is directly accountable to the principal, the Office of Catholic Schools and the local school. The teacher cooperates with the principal and staff in providing an educational environment that promotes the ministry of Catholic education.
The Archdiocese of Chicago complies with all laws concerning nondiscrimination in employment. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, age, unfavorable discharge from military service, arrest record, or mental or physical handicap unrelated to ability to perform the duties of the position. It is our policy to offer reasonable accommodations for the special needs of otherwise handicapped individuals. We seek innovators, collaborators and problem-solvers who believe that socio-economic status should not determine access to or achievement in this global economy. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Kindergarten Teacher at Our Lady of the Snows School (22-23 school year):
Our Lady of the Snows School is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and student-centered teacher for our Kindergarten opening. Our Lady of the Snows is located in Chicago, near Central Stickney and serves a predominantly Latinx and Polish community. We value relationship-building, real-world learning opportunities, and growing in our Catholic faith.
We seek to hire an early childhood educator who pride themselves on creating supportive and loving environments that foster growth and curiosity in Pre-K and Kindergarten-aged children. A successful candidate will have the skills necessary to clearly and creatively implement curriculum and activities, guiding children as they develop the necessary skills to smoothly transition into more structured schooling. Early childhood educators should be warm and energetic with a teaching method that encourages harmony and communication among children.
Our ideal candidate has strong communication skills, uses data to inform his/her teaching, provides individualized, highly-engaging instruction, and fosters a community within the classroom. We are seeking a candidate that is willing to collaborate with the staff, parents, and students to promote the success of the entire Snows community.
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required
· 1 to 3 years teaching experience
· Valid state teaching licensure (we accept out-of-state teaching licenses)
· Experience teaching through remote learning platforms
· A Bachelor’s degree in a comparable field
· Teach and act in accordance with the mission of the Catholic faith.
· Communicate regularly with students, parents/guardians, colleagues, and principal
· Participate in professional development programs required by the Archdiocese of Chicago and/or the local school and parish
· Perform teaching duties as assigned by the principal, including but not limited to providing remote instruction for students
· Attend required faculty and staff meetings
· Cooperate with the principal and staff members in school related meetings, activities, and projects
· Maintain accurate student attendance and academic records
· Maintain a safe, orderly, and secure learning environment
· Participate in the annual performance review
· Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students, and general school matters
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently move, stand, and lift up to 10 pounds. As well as be able to walk up and down steps several times each day and physically respond quickly in an emergency.
· Resume /CV
· Cover letter
· Professional reference letter/s
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates should contact Principal Christina Avis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a cover letter and resume.