JobID 5196 : Residence Life Staff Member (#327114)
Residence Life Staff Member
The Residence Life program at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, an all-girls day and boarding secondary school in Lake Forest, Illinois, is accepting applications for Residence Life staff member. This full-time position is under the supervision of the Director of Residence Life.
Candidates must be female and possess a B.A. or a B.S. degree. Each staff member must possess a valid driver's license. Relevant boarding or residence life experience is preferred.
Residence Life staff members reside in the residence hall. The ideal candidate is caring, enthusiastic and committed to helping high school girls grow socio-emotionally and interpersonally within a residential campus community. She models a healthy lifestyle for students and actively fosters an environment in which each student feels empowered to exercise wise freedom and to grow during her time at Woodlands.
Job responsibilities include:
- working actively as part of the Residence Life team to create residence hall policies, plan activities and ensure the safety of residents;
- providing a mixture of rotating after-school, evening and weekend supervision of high school girls (ages 14-19): staff are typically on duty every other weekend (Friday 2:40pm through Monday 8am), two weeknights a week (2pm through 8am), and attend weekly staff meetings and community nights;
- being available to residents while on duty and maintaining a positive presence;
- developing and implementing a full program of social, service and educational activities;
- monitoring student whereabouts by performing check-ins/rounds and enforcing check in/out procedures;
- providing transportation to residence life and school events and activities in school vehicles;
- supporting and enforcing all discipline policies in a manner conducive to students’ growth;
- communicating issues to the Director of Residence Life in a timely manner;
- other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has a sense of humor and a genuine interest in shaping the experience of adolescent girls, primarily international students, as they develop their sense of self in a communal living and learning environment.
Housing and all meals during the academic year are included with this position. Due to the nature of the facilities (all-female) and residence hall configuration, Residence Life staff members cannot have spouses or friends reside with them in the residence hall. Residence life staff member responsibilities may be supplemented with substitute teaching or other responsibilities, depending on individual circumstances.
Position start date August 1.
Please complete the application materials listed on the Career Opportunities web page of the school's website at www.woodlandsacademy.org. All applicants must submit an application, cover letter, resume, three written references and a personal reflection. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information about Woodlands, visit the school's website at www.woodlandsacademy.org and the website of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools at www.sofie.org.
Woodlands Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Woodlands Academy does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, status as a veteran or being a member of the Reserves of National Guard, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.
Job Summary: above
Working Conditions: above
Application Procedure: see information above and follow directions on school's website www.woodlandsacademy.org