Arlington Heights School District 25 has an opening for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Occupational Therapist for the 2022-23 school year, specific school location to be determined.
Must have experience with students with a variety of disabilities, including students with autism, behavior disorders, and other learning and cognitive delays.
Please see the attached job description for complete details.
- Must possess a valid license to practice occupational therapy as defined in the Illinois Occupational Therapy Practice Act, and whose license is in good standing; and
- meet the license requirements established by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulations.
- Preferred candidates will have experience working with students in a trans-disciplinary model.
- Preferred candidates will speak a second language.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Occupational Therapist shall include, but not be limited to the following activities and duties:
- serve as a member of an IEP team to screen, diagnose, and to determine eligibility for occupational therapy services for the child;
- complete all required components of the occupational therapy case study evaluation;
- enhance student mobility and participation in educational activities by increasing strength, accuracy, and speed;
- improve manipulative skills for self-care and paper/pencil tasks through reach, grasp, and dexterity;
- enhance comfort , participation, and attending by maintaining functional postures;
- increase functional use of hands and visual regard by providing stable positions;
- ensure independence in feeding and oral motor skills for safety and nourishment;
- facilitate safety in the school environment by decreasing the possibility of injury to student's self or others as he/she moves or performs skills/tasks;
- improve success for fine motor school tasks by increasing coordination of eye-hand movements;
- increase functional use of extremities through adapted equipment;
- enhance ability to learn through sensorimotor activities that address motor planning, attending, and behavior issues;
- facilitate student's independence through access to assistive technology;
- perform consultative and/or resource services to parents, classroom teachers, and other professional personnel; and
- be responsible for all aspects of budgeting, purchasing, and program planning within the occupational therapy budget
Please complete the online application and upload the following documents:
- a current resume
- three letters of recommendation
- a photocopy of all academic transcripts
- a photocopy of license
All supporting documents should be electronically attached to your online application. Please address cover letter to:
Dr. Brian Kaye
Assistant Superintendent for Personnel & Planning
Arlington Heights School District 25
1200 South Dunton Avenue
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60005-3122