2022/23 High School CTE Agriculture Mechanics Teacher
The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
To provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to be successful in an ever changing world.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differentiation.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles, interests and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student progress and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Seek the assistance of district specialists as recommended to plan for instruction.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Seek assistance for students who are consistently performing below grade level.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
- Will be required to transport students in district vehicles for extracurricular activities.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s), student teacher(s), intern(s), beginning teacher(s) and evaluate their job performance when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with either required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned.
- Student teaching, internship, fieldwork, observation and all other placements required by universities or state approved programs for certification.
- Valid Texas Class “C” Operator’s Driver’s License.
- Driving record must meet district standard for driving district vehicles.
- Knowledge of subject assigned; curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior; organize; communicate.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.